Sunday, December 13, 2015

I can't believe it's almost Christmas!

I'm amazed at how much faster each holiday comes one after another in my older years. It truly felt like FOREVR between holidays as a kid. Now I feel like every time I turn around I am staring down the barrel of the next holiday.

Well I am DONE shopping. I almost finished wrapping everything this weekend because the boys spent the night at their grandparents house last night. So Gunner and I went out on a nice dinner date and then we came home and he vegged out on the sofa while I wrapped presents until I ran out of wrapping paper.

I am not one of those parents who goes crazy at Christmas because 1- I can't afford to do that and 2- Our house is too small for so much junk and 3- If you get your kids everything they want then what can they save for themselves or look forward to getting for birthdays and all that.

I ask the boys what they really want most and we work from there. This year KJ wanted the Lego Dementions game for Xbox. So that was a pretty expensive thing so we got him that and a character for it. (Then of course he got the usual stocking stuffers: playdou, crayons, coloring book, spin toothbrush, and a box of Mike ans Ikes <his favorite candy).

For Rando he said he wanted he wanted a cash register like they have at preschool and the Minion movie. That of course was pretty cheap so I also got him a new yellow (his favorite color) full sized skateboard because the mini skateboard we have is getting too small for him and he's actually been using it alot so I thought he'd enjoy an upgrade. I also got him a one eyed minion helmet to wear while skateboarding. Also the usual stocking stuffers as KJ only instead of Mike and Ikes we got him a box of sweedish fish because those are his favorite.

Colty is Obsessed with the boys fleese blankets. He is always steeling and running off with Rando's Minion blanket which drives him crazy so KJ usually just gives him his Ninja Turtles one. So I got Colty a Paw Patrol  fleese blanket of his own. Now KJ can get his back. I also got him a few peg puzzles. Those unfortunately don't ever get handed down to the next brother because pieces get lost. He really doesnt need any toys since he has so many hand me downs but my boys LOVED balls at his age so we have a lot of ball related things. He likes them but he'd rather play with his brothers toy trucks. So we got him a  toddler friendly truck of his own. In his stocking he also got a coloring book because he does enjoy scribbling on the boys pictures and my grocery list every chance he gets. I also got him a pack of larger preschool crayons. Instead of playdou he got some sox and his favorite candy (A bag of M&Ms).

All and all I would say the boys are gonna have a good Christmas this year. A few days before Christmas I usually take the boys (older two) to either the dollar store or 5Below and I let them pick out something that they will be giving their other two brothers just from them. Each brother gets the others something special just from them and of course I pick what the baby will get the boys. This is a tradition that my mom always did with my brother and I and it gives the boys a joy in giving not just receiving. I love watching the boys wander around and look for "just the right thing" for each brother. Then we go home and I let them wrap them all up by themselves too (I usually just dispense tape). The only problem is they are so excited about giving their brother what they got for them it's hard for them to wait. So I try to make it as close to christmas as possible.

Only like 12 more days until Christmas! Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment